Search This Blog


Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Secret Santa

I always love Secret Santa exchanges in general, and got a great chance to participate in a hobby-related one this year, as Matt from Bob Walk the Plank put one together that featured, I think, somewhere around 30 participants. My package came from Brian of Highly Subjective and Completely Arbitrary, and included a good mixture of what I collect.

First of all, there were two packs of hockey cards, a 4-card retail pack of 2015-16 Upper Deck Series 1 and a 34-card jumbo pack of 1991-92 Topps. I only scanned the highlights of the Topps pack, which included one of my favorite cards from the set, Joe Mullen. I always love cards of players hoisting the Stanley Cup, especially when that player is a Pittsburgh Penguin.





There were also a few cards of players from the Minnesota Wild (and one former Minnesota North Star).


I was also happy to find some of my set needs for my Allen & Ginter sets. Going through these made me realize that it has been FOREVER since I have updated that page, I really need to whittle down what I am going after, as I still have some up that I haven't thought of in years and abandoned long ago. Still, I will always be going for the Allen & Ginter cards, so receiving these was just perfect.





Lastly are three cards for my Baseball Hall of Fame Relic Project. Basically, I am going after a memorabilia card of every player inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame. I'm also doing an autographed version of this, too, but the memorabilia will be easier (and MUCH cheaper) to collect. Also, even though Molitor went in as a Brewer, as a Minnesota resident, I really appreciate that this card is of him as a Twin.

Paul Molitor - 2004


Carlton Fisk - 2000


Reggie Jackson - 1993


These cards were all amazing. Thank you to Brian for the thoughtful gifts, and here's to an awesome 2017!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing and participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on! I am actually a little jealous of that Stanley Cup card you pulled, and I don't even collect Hockey cards. Had to rep the Twins with Paulie, especially since he's a Saint Paul native.

    ReplyDelete