Search This Blog


Friday, August 9, 2013

2012 Prime Cuts Ernie Banks Auto/Jersey /10

I just got my hands on what is now one of the premier items in my Chicago Cubs collection. This is an autographed jersey card of Cubs legend and Baseball Hall-of-Famer Ernie Banks from 2012 Panini Prime Cuts, numbered 7/10. Of course, the low numbering is great, but what really drew me to the card was the elaborate die-cutting that went into displaying the jersey swatch. Not only that, but if you look close enough at the bottom, you can see some threading from the seam of the jersey, making it much more than your average piece of fabric. 


The back of the card features the serial number, as well as a brief description of Banks's career. "Mr. Cub" won two consecutive MVP Awards (1958, 1959) after leading each season in RBIs. He also logged in 5 season with at least 40 home runs, back when that accomplishment was a big deal.


My only complaint with this cards is that they only bordered the two sides and bottom on the front and back of the card, which makes it look like the top got cut off, but that's a minor complaint, really. This is truly an awesome card that I am VERY happy to add to my collection

1 comment:

  1. Great card. Just heard that Banks is going to be awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom... the highest civilian award in the US.

    ReplyDelete